Thursday, March 17, 2011
The clock keeps ticking minutes
OK so its been almost a year, that's lame, and not much before that. So let me repent, (I'm doing this on the fly, so I'll add pics later.)
January 2010- I had the amazing opportunity to go to Jamaica with Joyce for Lorilyn and Brandon's Wedding. It is such a beautiful place. Besides that wedding the highlight for me was climbing Dunn's River Falls. Freezing cold water, slippery rocks, holding hands with strangers, what's not to love. But seriously and inspirational experience.
When I got home from Jamaica it was clear that something was not right with Hunter. We spent the next several months doing a lot of testing, finally coming to the diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome, very mild and workable. So much better to know and be able to do something about it, instead of feeling helpless and out of control all the time. He is in a therapy based preschool and is making tremendous improvement.
May 2010- The kids and I got to fly out to Chicago to spend a week with the Gregerman's. They had a big birthday party for Samantha and Jacob. They turned it into a nanny reunion as well, all the major caregivers for those two were able to be there. The current nanny had an emergency come up at home and I was able to care for the kids so she could go home. It was so much fun. The kids got along great and we had a blast.
August 2010- My family took a vacation down to Bryce Canyon. We camped in a tent, got poured on, saw amazing sunsets, hiked among the hoodoo's, and enjoyed each others company. I am anxious to go back, it is so beautiful and there is so much more to explore.
Sometime between these events 2010- At Target one day to buy my hundredth box of Pull-ups, I decided I was done. Instead of Pull-ups, both kids pick out their own big kid pants, and I got water proof mattress pads for their beds. I called Brian and told him I was crazy, he was supportive as always. We came home and went straight to work. I explained to them that they could wear their new Minnie and Thomas under ware as long as they kept them clean, if they had an accident that's ok, we are just learning but they would only get to wear the not so cool ones(from previous attempts) until they went in the potty again. This worked pretty good with Kambri, Hunter...not so much. What really worked on him was the Wii. Before he could play he had to go potty, and if he went in his pants he had to turn it off. We played to Wii for four days straight but it worked. In four days he was not only day trained but night trained as well. The mattress pads were the best, I put a sheet on the mattress, then the pad, then another sheet. When an accident happened all we had to do was pull the top sheet and pad off, change clothes and grab the spare blanket and the kids were back to sleep.
November 2010-The Briggs family vacation this year was to Disneyland. The kids and I flew in with Carol, Chari, and Annibel, the rest of the family drove and spent an extra day at Six flags. We had so much fun in Disneyland, Kambri was afraid of the characters and Hunter loved then, which was opposite of what was expected. Kambri finally warmed up on the last day when we met Minnie. We didn't get to see any of the Princesses or Fairies though because they keep them in secluded areas now and your not allowed to even peak in and the wait is ridiculous. Splash Mountain is still my favorite, but the kids really loved Toy Story Mania. It was a lot of fun and we hope to go back again when life calms down a little.
December 2010- Brought our second year of croup for Christmas. At least this time I caught it soon enough and got the doctor before it became pneumonia. We were off by four days in our doctors visits, but it followed the same pattern, all the way through March.
February 2011- Marked a big one for me the 25th. I am now a quarter of a century and feeling far to wise for my years. Brian and I were able to go out to the Wolf Creek Time Share in Eden for the weekend it was so nice to just be together, and leave all the worries at home. The kids were in good hands there was nothing to worry about, for the moment.
March 2011- Next Monday Brian and I celebrate our 5th Anniversary, its hard to believe, but there it is time keep moving whether or not I'm ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A lot has happened in the past year for you. I wish that we kept in touch better. I guess I just need to do better. I hope the next year brings you happiness and new adventures. I will be in Salt lake for six weeks this summer. We will have to go do something fun.
I wish we had better contact too! Life is nuts huh? Love you!
Post a Comment